Monday, December 22, 2008

Visiting with the Lord today


As we wait for yet one last approval from China, I really felt I needed to spend a day visiting with God, and what a special week to do it.  We celebrate Jesus' birth and everything He stands for.   Today I give thanks for all my blessings and offer all the joy to Him since He is the one who gave it to me.

We are waiting for the consulate to approve our request for the final appt., and now we wait again.  Once that is set in stone, we will be able to book our flights.  They put the request in on Friday afternoon, and I pray God sends us word tomorrow.   Hang on sweet girl, we are coming very very soon.

While I was reading my bible today I came across a very powerful verse I wanted to share with you all.  I hope it hits your heart as it hit mine.  
"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength in whom I will trust, my buckler (shield), and the horn of my salvation, and my hightower."  Psalm 18:2  KJV

God was so good to me today... giving me just what I was asking for.  Peace and grace in Him during this last part of the wait to get our Leah home.  And, with the ankle problems I am still having, I pray it heals completely before we leave, but only the Lord can take that on!!!  ;-)  

I pray for peace and joy for you all this Christmas and that we take time to pause and remember Jesus is the one to celebrate!!!  
Merry Christmas to you all!!!




1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

Oh Dawn, what a beautiful way to spend a day. :-) So glad you were blessed with grace & peace. I pray that the Lord continues to pour both of those over you today and in the days (and weeks!) ahead. Loved the pictures of Bekah all dressed up! Hugs to all of you. :-)