Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We have a REFERRAL!!!!!!!!

We are soooooo excited to share that on Sunday (what a super surprise), August 17th we received a referral for a little girl with a repaired cleft lip and palate who is 15 months old. She is in Nanching, Jiangxi Province of China. That is just one province away from Bekah's!!!
Many more steps have to be complete before we get our Travel Approval (TA), so as each of these slowly trickle in I will be sure to update the blog.
I cannot wait to be able to post her picture for everyone to share, but we are not allowed to do this until we get official word from China that we are a good family for her!!! UGH!!! All the waiting.
I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing God is. We are on almost the EXACT same time frame as we were with Bekah. Down to the day of referral and sending in our acceptance, down to the same special need (minus the cleft lip)!!!!! JUST AMAZING how God has such a perfect plan and such a perfect child for each of our families!
I try not to think about her being in an orphanage for too much longer without us, but God will take care of her! She is actually in a "Half the Sky" orphanage which is a true blessing. They take very good care of the children and they provide tools necessary to keep them on target developmentally. My only concern is that they did not state she was crawling yet at the 11 month report, but we are hoping it was just an oversight. A lot of the time children in orphanages though are a little more behind on gross motor skills due to the fact they just don't get that constant one on one time with a foster family. Bekah was in a foster family and it definitely showed. But, one of my good friends assured me that this should be a great orphanage and her daughter came from one, and she was just wonderful when we went as a group to get our kiddos! So, we shall see. No matter what, we could not be happier for the Lord sending us this beautiful gift and I just want to shout from the mountaintop that she is ours, so once we get our PA (pre approval) you will hear me shouting. Until then, praying that God keeps her safe, healthy, happy and loved!!!!! Come on PA!!!! Then hopefully pictures and updated info on her soon!!!!
In His Mighty Grip,
Dawn
(ps. thanks shelley for letting me steal that!!)

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on our blog. I thought I'd check out yours and remembered that I have been here before!!! How exciting about Leah and what perfect timing!! I bet she is beautiful like her big sister and I look forward to seeing pictures. We are so blessed aren't we? Lydia is in the Social Welfare Institute of Yifeng County. How do we find out more info about this place? I really look forward to following along your journey with you!!
Congratulations and prayers for those PA's RA's and TA's!!!!
Naomi
cuozzo22@aol.com

Amy Jo said...

Have I told you how VERY, VERY, VERY HAPPY I am for you?!? So exciting to watch God work in your life, Sweet Friend! I'm already what your beautiful family will look like when the FOUR of you are all together!!! God is SO good. Rejoicing with you! Love you LOTS!

Kay Bratt said...

How exciting for you-- here is a prayer going up that God will hold you in an embrace of peace as you wait for your daughter.

Kay

Eileen said...

Congratulations Dawn!

Cindi said...

Congratulations! Just came across your blog - our daughter, too, is from Jiangxi Province... we have been home 4 weeks.

Blessings to you as you wait to travel!!!