Saturday, January 10, 2009

One day closer...

Don't let the smiles and pretty faces fool you... we are soooo tired and Bekah had a mini meltdown right after this picture!!!  

I did this last time.  I can't resist!!!  The plates are soooo small.  Like I said last time, no wonder they are a skinny country!!!  Yummy food and veggies finally.... yippee!!!

Large Buddha in Lobby of Restaurant

One day closer to our precious Leah.... whooo hooooo!!!!!!

Well, we laid very very low today.  Only Chip went touring with the group, but we already have done that, and we needed the rest.  I just hope Bekah sleeps tonight.  We are VERY tired...  Hopefully she won't get up at 3:30 or 4:00 am again.  UGH.  But, I think that happened with a lot of the group.

We did join them for dinner.  Yummy Chinese meal and a nice restaurant, but GEEZE...  the smoking, oh God Bless America!!!!!!!  I couldn't wait to get out of our smokey room to get  to the restaurant, and then, smokers everywhere I turned.

Off to put Beks to bed then ourselves.  Tomorrow should be wonderful.  Looking so forward to church and then off to shop shop shop!!!  Oh, and The Great Wall.  My mom and I are designated babysitters in the coffee shop I think!  Fine with me.  The one time this bad ankle has come in handy... HA
Nighty Nighty


5 comments:

Colleen Sutton said...

Keep up the faith and the strength ... YEAH ... its almost time!!! Still can't believe it!!! We love you all so much!
Colleen, Ward & Ava Rose

Beth said...

Hey!! I am tagging along on your trip :) (I am Mike P's sister; Jill's sister in law...in Columbus) We spent 5 weeks in Kaz adopting our little boy this oct-dec. and could not believe the smoke there too!! It came in through the vents and was just YUCKY!! Sad part was we almost got use to the smoke everywhere...BUT loved coming back to FRESH air! ENJOY!! Can not WAIT to see pics of Leah!! Enjoy...Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn can't believe you are in China! Love the pics so far and can't wait, can't wait to see you with Leah.
Hope you are sleeping right now as I type...
Laura

Liz said...

Hi Dagenbach's!!!! I love following your blog and can't wait to meet Leah. Did you ever think that the reason that they are so thin is because of the smoke and not the small plates!!!!!! Take care and travel safe.

Love Ya~ Liz

Amy Jo said...

Loving your updates and pics. Have been praying for you today. Hopefully you got LOTS of good sleep. Drink lots of (clean) water, eh? Gotta detox all that smoke. ;-) SOOOOO excited for you!