Friday, January 30, 2009

Almost settled in!!!

Doesn't get much cuter than this does it???!!!!  

Bekah loves having a little sister (most of the time!)

We were trying to get our body clocks reset, so out we went at sunset and bundled everyone up...  I think it might have helped.  But it was cold!

Leah is not used to this cold weather I don't think!!!

We are trying to get settled in here in Cincinnati!  I am VERY sleep deprived and struggling with adjusting Leah.  Even though she is an absolute delight (unless she is having one of her tantrums... ha), we are just struggling with getting her our time here.  I am only getting about 3 hours of sleep a night, and one night it was just one or two, so prayers would be much appreciated!  This Mommy needs patience big time....  Bekah is somewhat jealous, but she does love her little Leah Leah so much!  They are really cute together, for the most part!  Leah is settling into our family just fine.... now if she would only settle into her own bed, we would be even more better off!!  ;-)

Thank for you for calls and emails.  We have kind of been laying very low and I am sleeping any time they are just so I don't fall apart, so I haven't had time to much at all.

But, on a good note, I decided to keep Leah up late instead of trying to put her down at 8 pm and have her wake up from 10 p - 3 am.  I put her down at 10 pm and she slept until 8 am.  She only struggled once or twice, so I will take it!!!!  God had mercy on me last night and I am praising Him for that today.  I think I got 6 -7 hours of sleep throughout that timeframe myself.  Whooo hoooo.  Still SUPER tired, but I think we are getting there.

Here are just a couple of pictures.  Gotta run while little bit is sleeping.  We are off to the doctor today to make sure she is well, and then we are off to Childrens Hospital to get the total work up next week.  Hopefully I can update more next week and I am still having trouble uploading the gotcha video for some reason.  Will get it figured out.  Thank you for checking in and blessings and love to you all!!!  Dawn


2 comments:

Colleen Sutton said...

Having a nice quiet morning with Ava and I thought I would check the BLOG ... YEAH ... I feel connected to you when I read this latest updates! We have been struggling with sleeping too ... up with Ava the past 3 days and no sleeping for Mommy. Daddy had to come to Mommy's rescue the other night. Tired and Angry, I was at my witts end. ... but she slept all night last night!! WOO HOO!! I am sure this is not even 1% of what you are dealing with so I admire you emmensly Dawn. You are my hero!! To allow your hert to open to these children is something that I admire most about you and Pete. You are truley incredible human beings and doing GOD's work here on Earth! Hope to see you soon. Offer still stands ... we will bring healthy lunch for all!!
Love the Sutton's
PS.
even a trip to the Museum might be fun???? Or a disaster????

Amy Jo said...

LOVE the top two pictures. Very sweet!!! :-)