Friday, January 9, 2009

We Made it!!!!!

Bekah was sooooo excited to got to China!!!

Our "king" bed, and someone was excited I let her jump on it...

It is hard to tell, but Bekahs legs are over the edge of the seat and her feet are on the floor!  It is like she just passed out face fist on the seat!  too funny...

At least my foot got some good rest on the first flight to Chicago!


We are here...  PRAISE the Lord!!!!
Much better than the last time...  ;-)

I am soooooooo tired.  I only slept 2 hours the night before we left, and I cannot sleep on a plane so needless to say I didn't sleep well then either.  I want to go to bed so bad, but it is only 6:30 pm right now.  So I must hang on.  Pete and Chip (my step Dad) went to find dinner and water (i hope) and then it is off to bed.  
Most everyone is going touring tomorrow, but it is an 11 hour day on your feet most of the day (in 30 degree weather) so needless to say, Mom, Pete, Beks and I are hanging behind.  We have already done it.  And, I need to rest my foot!!

The hotel is nice, but it is sooo smokey!  I hate that....  I miss Ohio where you cannot smoke anywhere indoors!!!  It is really hurting my eyes and nose.  I think it is coming in from the vents... UGH  The BEST part of all, we have a queen bed (they call a king, HA) and it has a feather top, with a harder bottom of course but we will take it!!

It was so great to meet the other families so far, and I still cannot believe in 3 short days we will have LEAH in our arms... oh my.  My emotions are definitely about to get the best of me.
Hang on baby, we are almost there... we love you!!!!!!
The BEST part of the whole trip so far is when we pulled into the terminal and were waiting to get off the plain Bekah screams (and I am not kidding) "We are coming to get you  LEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"  Too sweet!!!

off to rest and inhale some second hand smoke all night.  Should be interesting!!!
Love
Dawn, Pete and Bekah


8 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe you are in China!!! Woohoo! Get good sleep and tomorrow, just 2 more days till you see Leah's sweet face.
Love to you!

Kara said...

Dawn--I'm so glad you guys made it to China safely. How exciting...I can't even imagine. Congratulations a couple days early...what a blessing! xoxoxo

"T" said...

Have a grea time. We will all be praying for y'all.

Colleen Sutton said...

YEAH!!!! We are so excited for you and can not wait for that little girl to be in your ams!! I pray constantly for you. Don't worry ... I am taking good care of your business for you!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!I am so happy that you guys made it with an uneventful flight. Saying prayers of thanksgiving right now and continuing in my prayers for that precious little girl who is waiting for her mama. In three days she will know the love of a mommy's arms. Praying that you get some sleep too and that it will be a restful sleep despite the smokiness of your room. Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful family with Leah right in the middle.

Love You!
Nichole

Tammy said...

Hey Dawn, Pete & Bekah!!!

So glad you all made it. Good for you to avoid the "touring" and rest up a bit. Your sweet baby will soon be in your arms. Can't wait! Can't wait! to see that. Love you guys.
Tammy, Glen & the kids

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am so glad to see that you made it safely! Whoo Hoo~ not much longer until your precious girl is in your arms! Can't wait, Can't wait!

Pam

Amy Jo said...

Love the pics, Dawn!!! Esp. the one of Bekah sleeping. Oh my goodness, I wish you could have captured her screaming to her little sister! Very, very sweet!!! I pray that their relationship is tight from the get-go. God is so good! You are IN CHINA!!! You can probably buy "the patch" when you get back in OH to wean yourself off all of the tobacco you've been inhaling. ;-) Ugh. Praying you've had some good sleep and are getting ready to start a fun day touring Beijing! Remember your "bo yows." Love you, Sunshine! Hugs and prayers to all of you!