Sunday, January 18, 2009

Time in Guangzhou



All photo credits go to Pete today!  And, I have to start my posts with my favorite picture of the newest addition to our family.  Can you just check out those dimples?????  Love it!!!!!
She is definitely a happy girl....

Love this picture!!!

Sitting eating dinner with some of the group.  Yum Yum.

It was on these very steps just 2 years and one month ago that we sat here with our precious baby girl Bekah.  Look how she has grown!!!!  (sniff sniff)
Random photo of our travel group waiting to go get dinner
in our hotel lobby


Cool restaurant on the lake

Beautiful Big Girl.

It really is beautiful here!

Check out the dragon bushes... pretty cool

Beautiful grounds at the museum

Bekah and Grandpa.  Happy birthday Grandpa!!!

At the museum shop.
Hello all!  Well, the weather here is just perfect!  Even though I did not get out to visit the beautiful park nearby...  I was stuck inside at The "paper party!"  All the paperwork has to be finalized with all the families and it takes about 3 hours.  Good times!!  But, when I returned back to the room I was greeted by my chinese peanut with open arms and a "kiss".  She tries to mimic it, but hasn't quite mastered it yet.  I had to hold her lips together and show her how.  It was too funny , but it just makes her laugh and laugh.  She has the CUTEST laugh and dimples.  Did I mention that yet???  We are soooo in love!

While I was taking care of that, and spending quality time with just Leah and myself, Mom, Chip, Pete and Bekah went out and about in the morning.  They went to a museum that we saw the last time and headed to the grocery store.  I loved having the quiet time with Leah and me!

The pictures of the park are so pretty.  I wish I could have gone.  Mom says it is so pretty here and has palm trees and everything.  There are two parks for the kids to play at with lakes and even with rides.  Guangzhou is a fun part of the trip.  It would be easy to stay here.

We went to dinner tonight at a Japanese restaurant in the hotel.  It was DELICIOUS!!!  We got to have our own little room where you sit on the floor, but your legs go under the table.  Too fun.  

Tomorrow is the "medical exam" (I use that term loosely) and then we get to start shopping!  Whooo hoooo...  Hope you enjoyed the pictures.  I am off to bed soon.
Giving all glory we are experiencing with this precious little one opening up to us more and more each day.  Thank you God for bringing her to our family.  We will be forever thankful!
Love, Pete, Dawn, Bekah and Leah.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

She is so beautiful!! She looks so happy. Love those
dimples!! God is so good!

Blessings,
Kathy (Piper's momma)

Anonymous said...

Love those dimples, too! She is soooo cute and happy! What a little love.

Be sure to post your peanut's height and weight after the medical exam. Inquiring minds want to know!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Bekah and Leah look just amazing...so adorable together...your on the last leg. Can't wait to "chat" when you are home.
Laura

Keri said...

Oh, to be on those stairs with you guys again! Little Bekah doesn't look so little now that you have Leah! I have to agree with you about the dimples. So cute. Squeeze the girls for me.

Keri

Anonymous said...

We can't believe how beautiful your little girl is! Her old pictures do not do her justice. We're glad to hear that she is attaching to you so much easier. All the pictures are so awesome. Kris's favorite is the one of the garden with Becks in the lower left corner. That one is definately art that should be on your wall.

Everything is great here with Mocha, but she seems to be missing her other family.

Lots of love and prayers from all of us here. Keep the great pics coming!

Dave, Kris, Samantha and Stevie

Amy Jo said...

Adorable dimples...can't wait to hear the laughs! :-) I'm loving all of your posts and am so happy for you! (Happy Birthday to your F.I.L.!!!) So, what does Bekah think of China? Is she getting a lot of attention? How's your ankle? Sending love and prayers, A