Sunday, January 25, 2009

We are HOME!!!

We made it home after 25 hours of travel time so we will take it!!!
Leah did not do well for about the first 45 minutes of our 14 hour flight and I thought we were in big trouble (as did everyone else on the plane too I am sure)!  She has quite a temper!!!!  She trashes and throws her head back... it is nothing like Bekah as a baby.  But, she is 19 months old and seems to have a mind of her own that is for sure.  But, we were up for about 12 hours already when that flight started so she was exhausted.  I strapped her to me with the carrier and after about 10 more minutes she was OUT!!!  The problem is that she had to be out ON me, or she wouldn't stay asleep...  so needless to say, it was a LLLLLong 14 hour plane ride.  Plus my ankle was really sore, but it didn't swell too bad at all, thank the Lord!!!

I have to say, having the sprained ankle really helped us through all the of airports.  I asked for wheelchairs because to walk through those airports with a 22 lb baby strapped to me would have been a little too much, so all the staff that wheeled me around got us through all checkpoints and security right away with NO waiting.  God has sent His angels to cover and guide us through the trip.  I was soooo tired on the 14 hour flight (I didn't hardly sleep before we had to leave at 5:45 am the morning before) that I just lost it when my ankle was so sore, I couldn't get comfortable and when Leah was hysterical.  But, I prayed and let go, and I did feel God's grace wash over me and I got to relax.   I didn't really sleep, but we made it.  The first night back, the girls slept from 10 pm until about 11:00 am.  That is when we all got up.  Leah only woke up at 3 am for a short while and fell back to sleep, as did I.  BUT, last night was a different story.  Both girls were up off and on and finally at 1:30 am I bit the bullet and got up with them until 4:30 am.  Finally they fell asleep, but alas I did not until about 6 am.  Thankfully Pete got some sleep and got the girls out of bed at 9 am.  He is sooo wonderful, and I got to sleep until 12.  So, not doing too bad.  
The girls are down for a short nap, and we will hopefully be close to back on schedule in the next day or two...  
Thank you all for following our journey and for all the prayers and support!!!!  I will be trying to figure out how to post our gotcha video in the next day or two, so be sure to check back.   One of my good friends (who we became close with while waiting for Bekah) met us at the Chicago airport during our layover.  What a wonderful treat that was.  Just the pick me up I needed.  Thank you Becki!!!!!  She got some great pics of us and the girls if you would like to jump to her site www.2china4addison.blogspot.com.  I believe my parents also got some pics of how uncomfortable I was on the way home, trying to find a good "resting" spot for my foot.  UGH... I will be sure to post those as well.

Blessings and love to you all.
Love, Dawn, Pete, Bekah and Leah

2 comments:

Colleen Sutton said...

I always find it incredible when GOD uncovers the reasons behind the lesons we are supposed to learn. Couldn't it have been the exact reason why you were THANKFUL for your ankle that it all happened in the first place?? All I can say is that he has a plan for everything and he ceases to amaze me! He tried to make the home trip less painful :O) We are so blessed that you are home and getting back to some normalcy!! We are looking forward to visiting and having you over as well!
Love the Sutton's

Anonymous said...

SOOOO glad you all had a safe trip! Happy you are back and hoping you feel rested and rejuvenated soon.